The term "detox" is often used to describe a need for a lifestyle change. Whether recommended by a professional, prompted by a lack of energy, or the desire to become healthier, detoxification aims to enhance our internal processes, including kidney and liver function and impurity removal. Among the various detox methods, consistent hydration is one of the most effective. Can alkaline mineral water really detoxify your system? Let's explore the role of alkaline mineral water in flushing out toxins and cleansing your body.
What is Natural detoxification??
Detoxification involves ridding the body of harmful substances. Various organs and processes, such as the digestive system, sweat, urine, and fecal matter, contribute to this vital process naturally.
Natural detoxification benefits include:
- Restoring the body's natural balance and healing injuries.
- Easing the release of accumulated toxins in the body.
- Reducing inflammation, acne, and weight gain symptoms.
- Enhancing alertness while reducing cravings for sugar, caffeine, and processed foods.
The Remarkable Kidney Detoxification System
The kidney has a built-in filtration system that cleanses your entire blood volume of toxins 70 times per day. Your kidneys don't work in isolation; they collaborate harmoniously with your liver to safeguard your health.
The liver serves as the first line of defense in detoxification, converting harmful toxins into manageable waste products that can be filtered out by the kidneys. This detoxification process in the liver thrives on proper nutrition and hydration.
What is the impact of pH Balance on kidney function?
The pH level of your bloodstream significantly affects your kidneys' toxin-filtering efficiency. Kidneys operate optimally when blood pH is maintained within the alkaline range of 7.35 to 7.45. Drinking alkaline mineral water can raise blood pH by 40 to 70% if it is too acidic.
When blood pH becomes excessively acidic, the kidneys excrete uric acid to correct it. While this mechanism effectively regulates blood pH, it hinders kidney elimination of acidic toxins like fluoride.
Daily Detoxification: Clinical studies have shown that alkaline mineral water can help the body detox from ten toxic heavy metals.
Increasing urine pH aids in the expulsion of acidic toxins, particularly fluoride. In emergency medicine, doctors use a procedure called forced diuresis to detoxify poisoned victims.
For instance, when urine pH is acidic (around 5.5), the CF GFR (Clearance of Fluoride, Glomerular Filtration Rate) is 5%. Elevate urine pH to 7.6, and the kidney's CF GFR for fluoride skyrockets to over 65%.
In summary, maintaining an alkaline urine pH facilitates the body's effective elimination of acidic toxins like fluoride. This makes the kidneys the ultimate toxin filter in our natural detoxification system.
Alkaline Mineral Water's Role in Natural Detoxification
Hydration plays a pivotal role in the detoxification process, and alkaline water, enriched with alkaline minerals and antioxidants, offers a potent means to achieve this.
Alkaline mineral water owes its elevated pH to minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium. These minerals influence the body's acid-base balance, potentially affecting hydration and overall health.
- This water, enriched with a negative charge, superhydrates the body at a cellular level. This is thanks to Aquaporin's groundbreaking concept, a discovery that earned a Nobel Prize in 2003.
- Aquaporins are specialized protein channels in cell membranes designed to facilitate water molecules' movement. When we consume negatively charged alkaline mineral water, these channels become highly efficient, allowing rapid water influx into our cells.
- Hydrogen-rich alkaline water clusters molecules at the molecular level, facilitating penetration into cells. This property flushes out toxins and pathogens, promoting youthful and radiant skin.
It's a Nobel Prize-inspired approach to hydration that goes beyond simple replenishment, offering a profound cellular detoxification effect.
Life Sciences Healthy Water Systems offers a revolutionary approach to clean, healthy, and mineral-rich water for you and your Family.
Detox Symptoms and Alkaline Mineral Water
Commercial detox diets may not always deliver the desired benefits of toxin removal, prompting many to opt for a more natural approach.
- Choosing hydration as a detox method involves increased fluid intake containing essential minerals and electrolytes necessary for various bodily functions.
- As your body adapts to dietary or lifestyle changes, a small percentage of individuals may experience detox symptoms from drinking alkaline water for a few days. These symptoms, similar to the withdrawal process, can include headaches, nausea, fatigue, poor sleep, reduced concentration, and irritability.
- These symptoms indicate that water is doing precisely what it should: getting absorbed into your cells, hydrating them, and prompting the release of stored metabolic waste, commonly referred to as toxins or acidic waste.
How to relieve the symptoms of an alkaline water detox?
To manage alkaline water detox symptoms such as headaches, consider the following:
- Continue Drinking Alkaline Water: Consistent consumption of pure alkaline mineral water is crucial for staying hydrated and completing the detox process. Sip water slowly throughout the day, aiming for 2-3 liters daily. You can enhance digestion by adding a fresh lemon to your water, especially in the morning.
- Embrace High-Quality Nutrition: Opt for organic or spray-free vegetables, grass-fed meats, and healthy fats like virgin cold-pressed coconut oil, fresh nuts, and avocados.
- Stay Active: Engage in daily physical activity, whether through a gentle walk, yoga, stretching, or vigorous training, to facilitate toxin removal and support overall detoxification. Listen to your body and rest when needed.
In conclusion, natural detoxification is crucial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The kidneys, working in harmony with the liver, rid our bodies of toxins. The key to optimizing their function lies in maintaining an alkaline blood pH, which can be achieved with alkaline mineral water.
Life Sciences Water Systems offers advanced alkaline water filtration systems, which improve your access to clean, mineral-rich water. Discover more about Life Sciences Water. For a hands-on experience with an Alkaline Water Purifier for your home.
- Ostojic, Sergej, and Marko Stonanovic. “Hydrogen-Rich Water Affected Blood Alkalinity in
- Physically Active Men.” . Research in Sports Medicine: An International Journal, 06 Jan 2014. Web. 20 Feb 2014. <http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15438627.2013.852092>.
- Abraham, Guy, and Jorge Flebas. “The effect of daily consumption of 2 liters of electrolyzed water for 2 months on body composition and several physiological parameters in four obese subjects: a preliminary report.” Highbeam Research. Original Internist, 01 Sep 2011. Web. 2 Jul 2013. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-269433201.html>.
- Heil, P and Seifert, J. Influence of bottled water on rehydration following a dehydrating bout of cycling exercise. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition Springerlink July 2009. http://www.springerlink.com/content/kn41764j65165u3x/fulltext.pdf
- Rosborg, I, B Nihlgard, and L Gerhardsson. “Hair element concentrations in females in one acid and one alkaline area in southern Sweden.” PubMed NCBI. Ambio, n.d. Web. 3 Jul 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14703901.
- Holsworth, R, , and et al. “Effect of Hydration on Whole Blood Viscosity in Firefighters.” ebscohost. Alternative Therapies, n.d. Web. 27 Dec 2013. <http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?sid=d19a888b-bdf2-4a84-8138-fca11b03df01@sessionmgr4005&vid=2&hid=4112>
- Tradtrantip, L., Tajima, M., Li, L., & Verkman, A. S. (2009). Aquaporin water channels in transepithelial fluid transport. The journal of medical investigation : JMI, 56 Suppl(Suppl), 179–184. https://doi.org/10.2152/jmi.56.179
- Susantitaphong, P., Sewaralthahab, K., Balk, E. M., Jaber, B. L., & Madias, N. E. (2012). Short- and long-term effects of alkali therapy in chronic kidney disease: a systematic review. American journal of nephrology, 35(6), 540–547. https://doi.org/10.1159/000339329
- Chycki, Jakub, et al. "The Effect of Mineral-based Alkaline Water on Hydration Status and the Metabolic Response to Short-term Anaerobic Exercise." Biology of Sport, vol. 34, no. 3, 2017, pp. 255-261, https://doi.org/10.5114/biolsport.2017.66003. Accessed 2 Oct. 2023.